Thursday, February 20, 2014

Michael Voris and His Conversion Story

Michael Voris of Churchmilitant.TV is a staunch and vocal defender of the faith. We know him as a zealous and tireless son of the Church, but until yesterday, we didn’t know what his story was. We, along with the young audience of Don Bosco in Mandaluyong, were privileged to have heard from him his own story of conversion – from sin, to repentance, and finally preaching God’s word.

Michael during his younger days reminds
me a little bit of Brad Pitt and Robert Redford

 "I was working in media back then, and I was living in sin. My mother spent 15 years praying to God for me and my brother's souls, and I would later learn that it came to a point that she prayed: Lord, do whatever it takes for them to repent.

Two weeks later, she was diagnosed with cancer in the stomach. Every night, she would wake up in agonizing pain, which she describes as a thousand pieces of broken glass churning in her stomach. 

I asked my mother and father to move in with me from New York to Detroit so I can help take care of her. Later, my brother, who was in Texas, died of a heart attack. It was totally unexpected; he was very healthy, looked 20 years younger than his age, swam more than a mile everyday in the gulf. And yet he died. So when I got there, i was holding my brother Marshall's body, and I called my mom. I said, mom, I am here with Marshall, do you want me to say anything to him?

My mother told me: yes, please tell him I love him so much, and we will see each other very soon.

It was at that point that I realized how much of a mess I made with my life, and how I should be changing from now on. Holding my dead brother, talking to my dying mother- it all made sense to me now, that everything I was taught as a child was true, but I just didn't listen or pay any attention to the truth about our faith. 

Some months later, my mom died. As I was about to close the lid of the casket, I said my final goodbye; I put my hand on top of where my mother's womb was, and I promised her: This is it, mom. I will be a changed man, from now on. You gave your life for me, and your pain and suffering will NOT be in vain.

Some weeks later, I went to our parish, knelt before the statue of our lady, and said: My chastity is yours. I will live my life spreading the truth and beauty of our Catholic faith. And the rest is history.

There never was a day that went by that I didn't pray to my mom and thanked her for all her sacrifices."

4 comments:

  1. Michael Voris is not a Catholic at all even though he says he is! He denies the salvation Dogma, which is that there is absolutely no salvation for non-Catholics. Voris also believes that John XXIII to the present day Francis are true Popes, this is false, the last Pope was Pope Pius XII. Voris also believes that the Novus Ordo "Mass" is valid, this is false as well, the Novus Ordo "Mass" consecration of the wine neglects the phrase "The Mystery of Faith", which automatically makes the service doubtful. If you want to follow Michael Voris and his "ChurchMilitant" you will have your portion in the lake of everlasting un-quenchable fire. Visit VaticanCatholic.com for the true Catholic Faith. And no I do not recommend people to get too invested in the VaticanCatholic.com website as besides their doctrinal videos and exposés, their prophecy videos are doubtful or even wrong and they also have videos demonstrating how magic and occult prove a spiritual reality exists, which I also don't recommend people to watch because it shows too much satanic imagery. I Sincerely hope for your conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wrong about Michael Voris. He is as good of a Catholic Christian as they come. God bless you and we will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you not read the words of Jesus: « do not judge or you too will be judged. For in the same way as you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. » ( Matthew 7, v1&2) ??? Only God knows, only God can Judge. That’s the basics!! Aren’t you tired people trying to fight each other’s opinions???

      Delete
  3. This is amusing. The examples you gave actually make him a very good catholic. What Michael ought to improve on is his love and patience towards sinful clerics...

    ReplyDelete